Trolling the depths and wastelands of the web...so you don't have to.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What Would Ponch Say?

Back after a long, Columbus Day weekend. Hope you missed me!
We start out with a news article that just has me shaking my head with sadness at how my one of my childhood heroes has fallen. Ok, maybe 'hero' is a stretch, but I definitely had the CHiPs lunchbox! Larry Wilcox, who played Jon Baker, the straight man to Erik Estrada's saucy Italian Stallion (yeah, no admitted Hispanics on TV in those days) 'Ponch' Poncherello, was popped by the feds in a penny-stock fund scam. The story varies, but one site (www.debbieschlussel.com) is claiming that Wilcox pleaded guilty to a reduced charge and then became an informant. Good stuff.

Why, Jon, why?   

No comments:

Post a Comment