Trolling the depths and wastelands of the web...so you don't have to.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mapping Stereotypes.

This site is the product of UK-based graphic designer Yanko Tsvetkov. On it he takes the map of Europe and labels each country as it is seen (stereotypically) by another country. The 'how the US sees Europe' is particularly hilarious. Though I know it is satire, I'm thinking the 'US view' he depicts if fairly accurate (see above). Other 'views' that I will assume are spot on (since I don't live in any of the other countries) are; Europe according to France (they see Sweden as 'meatball eaters'), Europe according to Italy (they see Turkey as 'belly dancers'), and Europe according to Russia (they see Ireland as 'drunks'...see stereotypes are often based in truth).

I'm moving in stereo(types).

No comments:

Post a Comment